Butte County Recovers-The official website for Butte County disaster response and recovery

Camp Fire Evacuees Returning to Home or Property Should Pick Up Sheltered Animals

Posted on November 20, 2018

As of Monday, November 19, 2018, 1,635 animals are being housed at four different shelter locations in Butte County by the Butte County Animal Control, North Valley Animal Disaster Group and the Humane Society of the United States. These animal shelters are temporary locations. Once access is allowed to your home or property affected by the Camp Fire, animals should be picked up as soon as possible.

If your home has been destroyed by the Camp Fire, your animals will need a place to go. If you are unable to care for them, check with friends or family who may be available to foster them while you start the recovery and rebuilding process. If this is not an option, please review a list of available boarding facilities in Butte County.

Picking-up Your Animal from the Shelter:

Animal owners need to bring a photo ID and the pink copy of the animal intake form. If you have misplaced the pink intake form, you may still pick-up your animal. You photo ID will need to be verified with the animal intake form on file. You will need to provide transportation for your animal when leaving the shelter.

Butte County Animal Shelters:

  • Oroville: Small Animal Shelter | Old County Hospital22279 Del Oro and Mono in Oroville, CA.
  • Chico: Small Animal Shelter | Chico Municipal Airport150 Airpark Blvd., in Chico, CA.
  • Richvale: Small Animal Shelter | Human Society of The United States1210 Richvale Highway, in Richvale, CA.
  • Gridley: LargeAnimal Shelter | Butte County Farigrounds

199 E. Hazel Street in Gridley, CA.

Re-location of Lost Animals:

If your animal is lost, please visit www.campfirerescuedanimals.com and search the photo library of lost animals and resources.

Small animals currently sheltered at the Old County Hospital in Oroville who are considered lost will be relocated to the Chico Municipal Airport shelter. If you know your animals is at the Old County Hospital and you have your pink intake form, you will need to pick-up your animal at the Old County Hospital.

For further information, contact: Lisa Almaguer, PIO for Butte County Public Health (530) 966-1686

Close window