Butte County Recovers-The official website for Butte County disaster response and recovery

How can I find housing resources?

There are a number of state and federal resources that outline housing assistance programs available to fire survivors:

  • WildFireRecovery.org: Cal OES outlines statewide wildfire recovery resources, with specific housing information available on the site.
  • FEMA Housing Assistance: Survivors  with disaster-related losses can apply for disaster assistance online at www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling 800- 621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585) anytime from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time seven days a week until further notice. Multilingual operators are available.
  • Small Business Administration: The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Disaster Assistance offers low-interest disaster loans, which are the primary source of money to pay for repair or replacement costs to return primary residences to as close to pre-disaster recovery condition. Visit buttecountyrecovers.org/sba or www.sba.gov/disaster for additional information.

In addition, there are some additional options that fire survivors can look into:

We encourage residents to visit the Disaster Recovery Center or buttecountyrecovers.org/housing for more information. Community members can also call 2-1-1.

Close window