Butte County Recovers-The official website for Butte County disaster response and recovery

 I mailed my tax payment based on my original tax bill, but my check has not cleared my account. Will the Tax Collector cash my check?

  • If you have already sent in your tax payment and do not want the check processed, we may be able to help. We are currently holding those payments. First, contact your bank to see if your check is still outstanding (not paid against your account).
  • If it has not been paid, you may call 552-3720 or email taxes@buttecounty.net to advise us not to process your payment and make arrangements regarding the check.
  • This option is available until 12-10-18, after which all held payments will be processed.
Close window