Butte County Recovers-The official website for Butte County disaster response and recovery

If I paid personal property taxes on a business or vessel that was destroyed in the fire, will I get a refund?

Possibly, depending on the amount due after the reassessment process is complete and whether you already paid the full year’s taxes or only the first installment. If your business personal property or vessel suffered damage of $10,000 or more, you are eligible for property tax relief. You will receive a credit against any personal property taxes still due after reassessment has been completed. In some cases, this may result in a refund due. Please complete a Calamity Damage Reassessment application for the Assessor’s Office to review.

Close window