Butte County Recovers-The official website for Butte County disaster response and recovery

What can a survivor do if other members of their household applied for and received FEMA assistance, but he/she was found ineligible?

The living situation prior to the disaster is the living situation that is expected to be post disaster within the program confines.

  • FEMA accepts one application per household.
  • A roommate or boarder can obtain temporary housing assistance separate from the household, if they can demonstrate a commercial relationship OR a formal agreement. The survivor will need one of the following documents for their case: o
    • Pre-disaster rent receipts, cancelled checks, or money orders for the damaged dwelling;
    • Pre-disaster lease, landlord’s statement, or rental agreement for the damaged dwelling;
    • or Pre-disaster major utility bills (water, electricity, or gas) in the roommate’s or boarder’s name for service at the damaged dwelling.
Close window