Private Hazard Tree Removal Program (Private Program)
The Private Program is available to property owners who choose not to participate in the Government Program.
• The enrollment deadline for this option is April 1, 2021, with all Hazard Trees required to be removed at a later date.
• The property owner must remove their own Hazard Trees in order to comply with County ordinances.
The property owner can comply with the Private Program by participating in one of two options:
Option 1: Owners submit a Private Hazard Tree Removal Program Inspection Access Form
• If the property owner believes they do not have any Hazard Trees that need to be removed, they can submit a Private Hazard Tree Removal Program Inspection Access Form and the County will arrange for a Hazard Tree Inspection to be conducted. The inspector will confirm that all Hazard Trees that may fall into the public or eligible private roads traveled by the public are removed or have already been removed. If the property owner chooses this option to remove Hazard Trees or if they have already removed the Hazard Trees, please download and complete the Private Hazard Tree Removal Program Inspection Access Form. The completed form can be emailed to Butte County at ROE@buttecounty.net.
Option 2: Owners may submit a completed Butte County Arborist/Forester Certification Form
• If the property owner has Hazard Trees that need to be removed, at their own expense they can have an ISA Board Certified Arborist (with Tree Risk Assessment Qualification-TRAQ) or a Registered Professional Forester certify that all Hazard Trees have been removed that may fall into the public or eligible private roads travelled by the public. The Registered Professional Forester must be qualified pursuant to California Public Resources Code Section 752.
• When the ROE Center receives the Arborist/Forester Certification Form and verifies the Arborist/Forester credentials, the parcel has met the requirements of the Mandatory Hazard Tree Removal Program.
The deadline to submit the Private Hazard Tree Removal Program Inspection Access Form and Butte County Arborist/Forester Certification Form has is April 1, 2021.
Once the property owner has completed one of the required forms, they can return it by one of the following methods:
Return via Mail: ROE Center, P.O. Box 1708, Oroville, CA 95965
Return in Person: ROE Center located at 78 Table Mountain Blvd., Oroville, CA 95965
E-mail to: ROE@buttecounty.net (Please note Forms must be initialed by hand)
For additional information, you may call the ROE Information Line at: 530.552.3210