Alternative Fire Debris Removal Program (Alternative Program)
Property owners who do not qualify for, or who chose not to participate in, the Government-sponsored Debris Removal Program, must hire properly licensed private contractors and consultants to remove fire debris and clean up their properties.
An Alternative Fire Debris Removal Application form must be submitted, and a Work Plan must be approved by the Butte County Environmental Health Division prior to the commencement of work. Private debris removal is done at the homeowner’s expense and must meet the standards outlined for the Alternative Program. This includes compliance with all legal requirements for disposal, best management practices for activities on site, proper transportation and documentation of waste, and erosion control.
- Download the Alternative Program Guidelines.
- Download the Alternative Program Application.
- Download Appendix E as a fillable PDF.
- Download Appendix F as a fillable PDF.
- Download Frequently Asked Questions about the Alternative Program.
- Download Commercial Property Debris Removal Addendum (2/21/19 Update)
- Download the Alternative Program Residential Soil Cleanup Goals
- Check the status of your Work Plan by clicking here.
Guidelines for Fire Debris Disposal
The Neal Road Recycling and Waste Facility (NRRWF) accepts fire debris and ash from contractors in the Camp Fire Alternative Fire Debris Removal Program.
Haulers must present a certificate to dispose of fire debris and ash at the NRRWF. Butte County Environmental Health issues certificates directly to contractors.
For more details on Neal Road Fire Debris Disposal:
- Download the Guidelines for Fire Debris Disposal
CalRecycle Debris Removal Contracts & Employment Opportunities
CalRecycle intends to award three (3) separate contracts to the following: ECC Constructors LLC (Town of Paradise), SPSG Partners JV (Town of Paradise), and Ceres Environmental Services Inc., dba Environmental & Demolition Services Group (Outside the Town of Paradise). See the CalRecycle website for updates.
ECC Constructors LLC
- View open positions and apply today with ECC at www.ecc.jobs
- learn more about open positions with ECC subcontractors by emailing email@example.com\
- Download ECC Constructors job flyer.
- To inquire about becoming an SPSG subcontractor please email CAMPFIREINFO@SUKUT.COM
- For those interested about joining the labor and operator force, please inquire with either Operating Engineers Local 3, or Laborers Union Local 185”
Ceres Environmental Services, Inc.
- Available employment opportunities can be found at: www.ceresenv.com/opportunities/careers
- For more information or to register to be a subcontractor please go to www.ceresactivate.com
Health and Safety Training Program - Hazwoper Training Certification
For further information on training certification programs offered through Butte College - The Training Place, please click here for an informational flyer.
Local Contractors Needing Assistance in Employee Recruitment
Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc.’s Camp Fire Recovery Team has additional funding to support your business in hiring local candidates. Please click here for an informational flyer.
Contractor Email List
Private contractors interested in information on the alternative debris removal program can subscribe below to receive updates and news specific to program requirements.