There are a number of state and federal resources that outline housing assistance programs available to fire survivors:
- WildFireRecovery.org: Cal OES outlines statewide wildfire recovery resources, with specific housing information available on the site.
- FEMA & Cal OES Housing Options Fact Sheet
- Assistance to Individuals and Households-Individuals and Households Program (IHP) Information
- Small Business Administration: The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Disaster Assistance offers low-interest disaster loans, which are the primary source of money to pay for repair or replacement costs to return primary residences to as close to pre-disaster recovery condition. Visit buttecountyrecovers.org/sba or www.sba.gov/disaster for additional information.
- Transitional Sheltering Assistance
- CampFireHousing.org: Individuals wanting to offer rental homes or available rooms to fire survivors are asked to post that information at https://www.campfirehousing.org/. Please note that Butte County cannot verify the legitimacy of these housing options. Fire survivors are encouraged to verify and research all housing opportunities before making commitments to individual homeowners/landlords.