Paradise Emergency Housing Information
Summary: Town of Paradise residents who own a damaged or destroyed property that is on a parcel larger than 2/3 of an acre can move a temporary dwelling on to their property immediately and before debris cleanup is complete. Town of Paradise residents who own a damaged or destroyed property that is on a parcel less than than 2/3 of an acre cannot move on to their property until after Phase 2 cleanup has been certified as complete. A temporary administrative permit is required for all temporary dwellings.
- “After completion of debris removal…residential use and occupancy of up to two recreational vehicles shall be allowed on any parcel within a residential zone in the Town.”
- (before completion of debris removal) – “Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, one recreation vehicle may be located on a parcel that has either:
- An undamaged residence on it.
- Has 2/3 acre or more in size
- For larger parcels, one recreational vehicle per acre may be allowed.
- RVs must be removed while debris removal is being actively removed.
- No RVs may be located within a public street.
- After the initial 180 days, all RVs must comply with additional permits and full hookups. (power, water, sewer)
Infographic from the Town of Paradise: