Paradise Emergency Housing Information
Please Read the full ordinance for a complete list of requirements and definitions: Town of Paradise Urgency Ordinance No. 575
This Ordinance relaxes some building and zoning regulations to allow for additional temporary housing inside the Camp Fire affected area. Persons moving back to the area do so at their own risk and should make themselves aware of the health hazards of doing so. The Ordinance allows persons to place temporary housing on an Eligible Property.
The Ordinance does not prohibit residents from living in undamaged structures within the Camp Fire affected area.
Residential use and occupancy of up to two (2) temporary dwellings on any Eligible Property that permits a residential use shall be allowed for an initial term of 180 days. Any temporary dwelling utilizing hook-ups for water, sewage disposal, and/or electricity requires a temporary use permit.
Eligible Property Definitions:
- Temporary housing is allowed on property not damaged by the Camp Fire.
- Temporary housing is allowed on property with a non-qualifying structure damaged or destroyed by the Camp Fire.
- Temporary Housing is prohibited on property with a qualifying structure damaged or destroyed by the Camp Fire.
- Temporary Housing is allowed on property with a qualifying structure damaged or destroyed by the Camp Fire after the property has completed Phase II cleanup (Property certified clean by the Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Division)
Temporary Recreational Vehicle Parks:
The establishment of temporary recreational vehicle parks without requiring hook-ups to water, sewage disposal, and electricity on an Eligible Property in Community Commercial, Multi-Family, Central Business and Community Services zoning districts and in the parking lots of religious facilities shall be allowed for 180 days subject to a temporary use permit.
- The minimum parcel size for eligibility to locate a temporary RV park is two (2) acres.
- Areas occupied by recreational vehicles and access aisles, driveways and roads should have an all-weather surface that allows for emergency vehicle access.
- Temporary Use permit is subject to Ordinance standards and may be subject to additional requirements.
If you are affected by the ordinance and have additional questions, please call the Town of Paradise at 530-872-6291, ext 101