Other Regional Emergency Housing Information
Chico Temporary Housing Ordinance:
Key Information Points from applicable Section: Section B
- Permit issued under ordinance will be for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years.
- Permit will allow manufactured/modular homes, modular structures or recreational vehicles.
- Permits may be issued for locations on non-residential zoned parcels or approved for assembly use or other alternate zone deemed appropriate.
Corning Temporary Housing Ordinance:
Key Information Points from applicable Section: Pages 12-15 of council packet.
- Permits the issuance of temporary dwelling permits for self-contained travel trailers, recreational vehicles, tiny homes on wheels or similar structures in any zoning district within city limits.
- No more than 4 units shall be placed on parcels larger than one acre.
- Only 1 unit shall be placed on parcels less than one acre.
- No units shall be placed on city streets or private roadways.
- No units shall be larger than 640sqft
- Persons occupying may not exceed unit’s maximum occupancy.
- No rent shall be charged to occupants.
- Must be connected to sewer or have a signed contract with a sanitary pumping company.
Oroville Temporary Housing Ordinance:
Key Information Points from applicable Section: Pages 31-37 of council packet.
- Initial Use – Occupancy of a recreational vehicle on any residential lot shall be allowed with temporary city approval or permit.
- RVs must have temporary septic capacity and be serviced through routine pumping or dump station use.
- RVs must be appropriately connected to approved source of electricity.
- Standards for Fire-affected sites:
- RV use shall only be permitted on lots with a legally established damaged or destroyed residence.
- No RV use shall be allowed on a lot until the site is approved for reconstruction by the city, CalOES or FEMA.